News[01/09/18] Shaohu gave a talk in TRB’18. [10/11/17] SmartCurve paper is accepted for presentation and publication by TRB’18. [09/06/17] Glad to receive the NSF travel grant from MobiCom 2017! [06/19/17] I passed my final oral exam.Cheer up! [05/29/17] I will join the CSC PhD program at North Carolina State University this Fall. [04/23/17] Our paper was accepted to ICCCN’17! [10/06/16] Congrats Shaohu on winning the SenSys’16 Travel Award ! [09/01/16] Our poster paper was accepted to ACM SenSys’16. [08/10/16] Our paper was accepted to IEEE ITSC’16. [05/01/16] Our paper was accepted to IEEE VTC’16. [04/18/16] Congrats Shaohu on winning the Sigma Xi Graduate Research Award! [03/31/16] Shaohu presented his paper on the Chapter of SDSU, Sigma Xi Graduate Research Competition. [01/12/15] Shaohu presented his paper on the 94th Transportation Research Board meeting in Washington D.C..
Ph.D. Student in Computer Science
North Carolina State University
Email: szhang42 AT ncsu.edu
I am a first year Ph.D. student in Computer Science. I got a masters degree from South Dakota State University. Before that, I was a Logistic Engineer in Shanghai. I had worked on a number of projects on mobile sensor systems for Intelligent Transportation Systems.
My primary research objectives and interests are in the area of wireless networks and mobile computing.
I am fascinated with the designing, analyzing and modeling of mobile applications or wireless network to explore how to implement computation and
how best to pass what I have learned to others. Currently, I work with Dr. Muhammad Shahzad focusing on IoT and Visible Light Communication (VLC)
- Wireless networking: network measurement and modeling, particularly focusing on their applications to Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- Mobile computing: pattern/activity recognition relating to bridging Cyber-Physical System and Machine Learning using smartphones and other sensors.
Courses taken from SDSU:
- CSC705 Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms
- CSC710 Structure and Design of Programming Languages
- CSC720 Theory of Computation
- CSC770 Software Engineering Management
- CSC601 Accelerated Computer Science fundamental (C++)
- CSC574 Computer Networks
- GEOG786 Geographic information system (Python)
- STAT574 Statistical Methods II (SAS)
- CSC317 Computer organization & Architecture
- CSC354 Introduction to Systems Programming
- CSC445 Introduction to Theory of Computation
- CSC446 Compiler Construction
- CSC456 Operating Systems
Courses taken from NCSU:
- CSC791 Internet of Things
- Engineering Design and Analysis Software: AutoCAD, Synchro, CORSIM, MatLab.
- Programming Languages: C, Objective C, Swift, C++, Java, Python, HTML, CSS, FORTRAN, Ada,C#.
- Application Software: SAS, R, ERP (SAP), ArcGIS, Arduino, iOS App, Android App.
- NSF Travel Award from SenSys’16 and Mobicom’17.
- Sigma Xi Graduate Research Award, South Dakota State University, 2016.
- Best Undergraduate Thesis Award, Zhejiang Ocean University, China, 2010.
- Excellent Student Scholarship, Zhejiang Ocean University, China, 2008.